Bali travel voyage - Bali Tour and Travel in Indonesia Bali Agence de Voyage pour des séjours en Indonésie

17 / 08 / 2017
1:56 pm

Denpasar

Scattered clouds
  • Scattered clouds
  • Temperature: 28 °C
Reported on:
Thursday, August 17, 2017

Bali fight to reduce economic inequalities

While Bali has experienced healthy economic growth recently, reaching 5.83% in 2010, the island is facing problems of economic inequality resulting from the widening gap between the haves and have-nots.

The provincial statistics since 2010 shows that high-income employees of the island representing only 20% of the population, have received an increasing share of the growing economy. The remaining 80% of the population, meanwhile, has faced an ever shrinking piece. The remaining population consists of middle-income earners (40%) and low-income (40%). The uneven development between the south of Bali and other parts of the province has contributed significantly to this economic gap. Despite the widening economic gaps, the people of Bali have even better protection than people in other provinces across Indonesia, as the East and West Nusa Tenggara.